Article 1: Introduction
South Saharan Social Development Organization (SSDO) a registered non-profit organization situated in Enugu whose vision is to see a society where sustainable development is achieved for women, youth and children is seeking the services of a qualified consultant to develop a communication strategy for the organization and train staff on its implementation.
Article 2: Objectives
• To develop a communication strategy for the organization and train the staff on its implementation.
Article 3: Methodology
•• The consultant shall submit a detailed concept note of how the assignment will be carried out and their proposed fees.
Article 4: Project Scope:
• To develop a communication strategy and training of staff on the strategy.
Article 5: Main Task for the Consultant:
The consultant is expected to carry out the following:
• Submit a detailed concept note of how the assignment will be carried out with a cost breakdown. Based on the successful evaluation of this concept note:
• Develop a communication Strategy.
• Train staff on data visualization- Story telling with Info-Graphics and creating visibility.
• Recommend modern information and communication technologies that will enable real-time communication both internal and external.
Article 6: Deliverables
• A detailed concept note
• A detailed Communication strategy
• A training plan and manual
• A detailed report of the training which includes recommendations on modern information and communication technologies for SSDO.
Article 7: Duration
• A detailed Communication strategy – 3 days
• A draft training plan and manual – 3 days
• Review of the training plan and manual with SSDO – 1 day
• Final training plan and manual – 1 day
• Training of staff – 3 days
• A detailed report of the training which includes recommendations on
modern information and communication technologies for SSDO – 1 day
Total number of days - 12 days
Article 8: Supervision/Coordination
The consultant will work directly with the communications officer under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Article 9: Remuneration/ Payment modality
a) SSDO will pay consultancy fee for the duration of this assignment.
b) Lump sum payment will be made based on the following:
• Upon signature of the contract: 60%
• Upon submission of final narrative report: 40%
Consultants Competencies and Requirements:
- Must have technical skills in the area S/he is applying.
- Demonstrate experience in the area S/he is applying and must provide evidence
of previous works done in this regard with relevant contacts details
- Have a Bank Account and Tax Identification Number.
- Must be available at a short notice.
- Well spoken and written English.
- Must be computer literate.
How to Apply
Applicants should send in their curriculum vitae with a cover letter, reflecting relevant past work experience, including two referees conversant with their work. Women with credible records in any of the identified areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submission of EOI: Applications should be mailed to email@example.com not later than Friday 13th April, 2018. The lot of Interest should be the subject matter.
Please Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted on or before 20th April, 2018.
SOUTH SAHARAN SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.