Article 1: Introduction
South Saharan Social Development Organization (SSDO) a registered non-profit organization situated in Enugu whose vision is to see a society where sustainable development is achieved for women, youth and children is seeking the services of a qualified consultant to be engaged in reviewing and updating organizational policies/manuals as well as developing relevant identified policies that are not in existence.
Article 2: Objectives
• To review and update organizational policies/manuals as well as develop relevant identified policies/manuals that are not in existence.
Article 3: Methodology
• The consultant shall submit a detailed concept note of how the assignment will be carried out and their proposed fees.
Article 4: Project Scope:
• To review and update organizational policies/manuals as well as develop relevant identified policies/manuals that are not in existence
Article 5: Main Task for the Consultant:
The consultant is expected to carry out the following:
• Submit a detailed concept note of how the assignment will be carried out with a cost breakdown. Based on the successful evaluation of this concept note
• Review and update existing organizational policies/manual (financial manual, Conflict of Interest Policy, Gender Policy, Procurement Policy)
• Identify and develop new policies/manuals that are relevant for the organization, like Human Resources Manual, Admin Manual, Programme manual etc.
Article 6: Deliverables
* A detailed implementation plan covering the duration of the assignment
* A revised copy of the existing financial manual, Conflict of Interest Policy, Gender Policy, Procurement Policy.
* A content-based Human Resources Manual, Admin Manual, Programme manual developed.
Article 7: Duration
The duration of the consultancy will be as follows
• A revised copy of the existing policies/manual - 3 day
• A content-based new policies/manual developed – 3 days
• Review of the new policies/manual with SSDO – 1 day
• Final copies of policies/manual presented – 1 day
Total number of days - 8 days
Article 8: Supervision/Coordination
The consultant will work directly with SSDO’s Programme Manager under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Article 9: Remuneration/ Payment modality
a) SSDO will pay consultancy fee for the duration of this assignment.
b) Lump sum payment will be made based on the following:
• Upon signature of the contract: 60%
• Upon submission of final narrative report: 40%
Consultants Competencies and Requirements:
- Must have technical skills in the area S/he is applying.
- Demonstrate experience in the area S/he is applying and must provide evidence
of previous works done in this regard with relevant contacts details
- Have a Bank Account and Tax Identification Number.
- Must be available at a short notice.
- Well spoken and written English.
- Must be computer literate.
How to Apply
Applicants should send in their curriculum vitae with a cover letter, reflecting relevant past work experience, including two referees conversant with their work. Women with credible records in any of the identified areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submission of EOI: Applications should be mailed to email@example.com not later than Friday 13th April, 2018. The lot of Interest should be the subject matter.
Please Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted on or before 20th April, 2018.
SOUTH SAHARAN SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.