Radio Program on participatory Budgeting and citizen's right
‘Ego-Anyi’ is an Igbo language information and discussion Radio Programme on Participatory Budgeting, Citizen’s Right and good governance.
The overall objective of the project was to make the budgeting process more transparent and inclusive In the five local governments Areas of Anambra state: Anambra East, Idemili South, Nnewi North, Aguata and Ogbaru.
- To educate Anambra citizens on the Budget Process
- To encourage civil society participation in the budget process
- To develop an action plan and a pressure system for better implementation of the budget
Main Activities include:
- Advocacy meetings with key stakeholders in the target communities to enlighten them on the project
- Pre Radio program town hall meeting with key stakeholders and community based organizations to discuss budget and governance issues in the communities preparatory to the Radio Program
- Four months weekly radio program on ‘The Budget and Us’.