Job Vacancy: Programme Officer, Good Governance
Position: Programme Officer, Good Governance
Terms of Reference for the Position of Programme Officer on Good Governance
South Saharan Social Development Organization (SSDO) is a duly registered non-profit organization in Nigeria, whose vision is to see a society where sustainable development is achieved for women, youth and children. Our primary focus is equipping women, youth and children with the social, health, economic, educational and political skills needed to survive and compete favourably in a vastly changing and urbanizing sub Saharan Africa. Since its inception in 2001, SSDO has collaborated with partners, allies, community platforms and structures to give voice to community people, economically empower the poor, seek good accountable governance, people centred policies and improve public services in Nigeria.
SSDO is rapidly growing and expanding and is looking for an experienced Programme Officer to handle its good governance programmes.
To strategically undertake the effective management of all SSDO’s activities as it relates togood governance programme and specifically‘The Awakening’ project.
- ·To be responsible for the development of SSDO good governance programmes, ensuring the use of participatory methodologies, human rights and social exclusion frameworks.
- Coordinate the programme portfolio to ensure the highest level of project quality and accountability, while fostering continuity through developing innovative programme interventions.
- Develop proposals related to good governance
- Facilitate trainings, workshops, town hall meetings, researches and learning of cross-cutting relevance to good governance programmes.
- Coordinate the implementation of SSDO’s Radio programme “The Awakening” and other related activities and develop monthly policy/advocacy briefs to relevant MDAs.
- Generate content for SSDO’s ‘The Awakening’ weekly broadcast on Radio and adequate publicity on all the Social Media platforms
- Produce timely quality programme reports in line with SSDO and Donor requirements
- Provide support to other programme officers, field offices and existing projects
- Minimum first degree in social sciences/ development studies, Law or other related discipline, Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Additional extensive training in the areas of SSDO’s Thematic work: – Education and Governance.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated working experience in program development and implementation in the development sector
- Strong passion for good governance and citizens participation in governance
- Experience in proposal development from concept note to full proposal and track record in raising substantial research/ development funds.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to explain and visualize issues to audience including presentation and public speaking.
- Strong IT skills including experience in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Experience with influencing through social media
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment and the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Attention to details and excellent disposition to work
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
How to apply
All Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com CV, and a tailored cover letter, which responds directly to the job description, highlighting relevant skills and experience making you most suitable person for the position. Please indicate the position applied in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 7th April 2019