‘Ego-Anyi’ is an Igbo language information and discussion Radio Programme on Participatory Budgeting, Citizen’s Right and good governance.
The overall objective of the project was to make the budgeting process more transparent and inclusive In the five local governments Areas of Anambra state: Anambra East, Idemili South, Nnewi North, Aguata and Ogbaru.
The specific objectives of the project were;
- To educate Anambra citizens on the Budget Process
- To encourage civil society participation in the budget process
- To develop an action plan and a pressure system for better implementation of the budget
The Project’s main activities include:
- Advocacy meetings with key stakeholders in the target communities to enlighten them on the project
- Pre radio programme town hall meeting with key stakeholders and community based organisations to discuss budget and governance issues in the communities preparatory to the Radio Programme
- Four months weekly radio programme on ‘The Budget and Us’.